Popular Posts

www.xtianrace.blogspot.com.ng

Friday, June 14, 2019

Prayers for a New Heart

Post 104
Prayers for a New Heart
 The heart of a man is full of evil:
Genesis 6:5 says ‘’ God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.’’
Jeremiah 17:9 says, ‘’the heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
Mark 7:21-23 says ‘’ Far from within, out of the heart of men proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornication, murders, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness.
All these come from within and defile the man.’’
 God assesses us by the state of our hearts:
1 Samuel 16:7 says, ‘’…for the Lord sees not as man sees; for man looks on the outward appearance, for the Lord looks on the heart.’’
Jeremiah 17:10 says, ‘’ I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.’’
2 Chronicles 16:9 says, ‘’ for the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect towards Him.’’
Deuteronomy 5:29 says ‘’ O that there were such a heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children forever.’’
 Only those with clean hearts can see God.
Matthew 5:8 says, ‘’ blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.’’
Psalm 15:1-2 says, ‘’ Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? Who shall dwell in thy holy hill?
He that walks uprightly, and works righteousness and speaks the truth in his heart’’
Psalm 24:3-4 says, ‘’ who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? Or who shall stand in His holy place? He that has clean hands and a pure heart’’
Psalm 51:17 says, ‘’ the sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou will not despise.’’
 God has promised to give us a new heart:
Deuteronomy 30:6 says, ‘’ and the Lord thy God will circumcise thy heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou may live.’’
Ezekiel 11:19 says, ‘’ and I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them a heart of flesh.’’
Ezekiel 36:26-27 says, ‘’ a new heart will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and give you a heart of flesh.
And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments and do them.’’
 King David, the only man in the entire Bible described by God as the ‘’man after My heart’’ prayed to God to give him a clean heart:
Psalm 51:10 ‘’ Create in me a clean heart, O God and renew a right spirit within me.’’
Prayers as follows:
• Blood of Jesus, purify my heart in Jesus name (Matthew 5:8)
• Blood of Jesus that cleanses from sin (1 John 1:6-7), cleanse my heart of all evil, deceitful and ungodly thoughts in Jesus name
• Lord God, circumcise my heart and the hearts of my children to love you with our hearts and our souls that we may live (Deuteronomy 30:6)
• Lord God, give me a heart that will be perfect towards you (2 Chronicles 16:9) in the name of Jesus
• Lord God, give me a broken spirit and contrite heart (Psalm 51:17) in Jesus name
• Lord, put a new spirit within me, take away from me the stony heart and give me a heart of flesh (Ezekiel 11:19; 36:26-27) in Jesus name
• Lord God, let the power and the grace to follow you to the end with a whole heart like Caleb and Joshua rest upon me in Jesus name (Numbers 32:12)
• Lord God, give me a heart that will love and fear you all my days in Jesus name (Deuteronomy 5:29).
Ayodele Adegbulugbe
www.xtianrace.blogspot.com.ng
Lagos, Nigeria
Phone: +2348035978352

No comments:

Post a Comment