Popular Posts

www.xtianrace.blogspot.com.ng

Friday, April 26, 2019

God Hates Excuses: What Excuses Have You?

What type of vessel are you?

Are you a profitable vessel of honor or an unprofitable vessel unto dishonor before the Lord?

Are you what God wants you to be?

There is no excuse for a Christian not to be what God wants him to be. There is no excuse for not moving the way God wants you to move. Excuses naturally come to our hearts as humans.
Adam gave an excuse when he sinned against God. He said, ‘’the woman whom thou gave me to be with me gave me of the tree and I did eat.’’ (Genesis 3:12)

Moses gave an excuse for not wanting to go to Pharaoh. He said, ‘’… I am slow of speech and of a slow tongue.'' (Exodus 4:10)

Aaron gave an excuse for making the golden calf. He said, ‘’ they said unto me, make us gods which shall go before us: for as for this Moses that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we do not know what has become of him.’’ (Exodus 32:33)

The ten spies gave an excuse for not wanting to fight to occupy the Promised Land. They said to the Israelites, ‘’ we be not able to up against the people for they are stronger than we.’’ (Numbers 13:31)

The Israelis gave an excuse for wanting a King for them and rejecting God’s rule. They told Samuel, ‘’make us a king to judge us like all the nations.’’ (1 Samuel 7:8)

King Saul gave an excuse for assuming the office of a priest which was beyond his jurisdiction. He told the Prophet Samuel, ‘’ because I saw that the people were scattered from me and that thou did not come within the days appointed.’’ (1Samuel 13:11)

King Saul gave another excuse for sparing the best of the livestock at Amalek which he was commanded to destroy. He said,’’…for the people spared the best of the sheep and the best of the oxen for sacrifice unto the Lord thy God...’’ (1Samuel 15:15)

The great Prophet Elijah, the fire spitting Man of God, also gave an excuse for running away for his life when Queen Jezebel threatened to kill him. He told God, ‘’…and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life to take it away.’’ (1 Kings 19:14).

When Gideon was being commissioned to lead Israel to war, he gave an excuse. He said,’’ Oh my Lord, wherewith shall I save Israel? My family is poor in Manasseh and I am the least in my father’s house.’’ (Judges 6:8)

When God called Jeremiah, he gave an excuse to reject the call. He said, ‘’ Ah, Lord God! Behold, I cannot speak for I am a child.’’

God hates excuses.

All the persons above who gave excuses had their excuses rejected. Those who make excuses for not being what God wants them to be are creating grave trouble for themselves.

God’s answer to Jeremiah solves our doubts, fears and excuses. God told Jeremiah that, ‘’ before I formed thee in the belly, I knew thee; and before thou came forth out of the womb, I ordained thee a Prophet unto the nations.’’ (Jeremiah 1:5)

The answer above indicates that God is our source and that the performance of our call in terms of speaking and acting or working for Him also comes from Him.
Further, God told Jeremiah that, ‘’…thou shall go to all that I send thee, and whatever I command thee, thou shall speak. Be not afraid of their faces for I am with thee to deliver thee.’’ (Jeremiah 1:7-8)

Again, God assures Jeremiah that He would give him the right words to speak and assurance of His presence and to deliver him from enemies who oppose him. If we are called by God and are relying on our strength and resources, we shall fail for by strength shall no man prevail (1 Samuel 2:9)

God uses the unqualified and He qualifies them to accomplish His purposes. He gives them the empowerment required to do what He calls them to do. As we open our mouths to speak, He fills them with the right words to reach the lost. Proverbs 16:1 says, ‘’ the preparations of the heart in man and the answer of the tongue is from the Lord.’’

God uses the foolish things of the world to confound the wise. Baby Jesus was born in a manger while they were many luxurious palaces where the Saviour could have been born. While Gideon saw himself as a weakling and incompetent to lead Israel, God saw valor in him.
Are you now ready to move the way God wants you to move or still giving excuses?

God hates excuses!

Ayodele Adegbulugbe
www.xtianrace.blogspot.com.ng
Lagos, Nigeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment